Thursday, January 27, 2011

NYC 2010 Marathon Photos

Our ride to the marathon start.

Here we are. Nice and warm on the Staten Island Ferry.


Waiting in line for the shuttle bus from the Ferry stop to the marathon start.

Waiting til our turn.

The UPS trucks who take our bags to the finish.


The Start Line. The weather was perfect.


My friends who are 'all smiles' at the start.



On our way onto the Verrazonno-Narrows Bridge


There's a famous opera singer (left side of flags) singing the national anthem.

Welcome to Brooklyn!

How could I not take a picture of this guy?

March 16, 2011 - Mel and I are on our way!

My running cohorts gave me grief about having my name on my shirt. It wasn't long until they wished they had done the same. I had my person cheering section for 26.2 miles!



Somehow I've got to get one of these Team Tillman shirts. At the start I saw a guy wearing this shirt and then saw him again at the finish. Loved it!

They call this the "death march". Down the road from here are the UPS trucks with my bag of warm dry clothes.


We had some help from a very nice girl from Ohio who helped us navigate the subway to get home. The runners brain had taken hold and the subway map was just way too complicated.

Early the next morning some of us went over to the finish line area.
We heard there was a marathon gear sell.

This ING Cafe was around the corner from our apartment. We didn't figure out until later it was there and selling the same merchandise as the place in Central Park for 15% off... I could have slept in and saved some money! Maybe then I wouldn't have looked so tired. My motto, "I can rest when I get home."
What a great time. Thanks NYC!! Can't wait to do it again another year.

1 comment: