Sunday, January 23, 2011

Momma Mia and More

It's Sunday night. I just found Momma Mia on TV and it reminded me of great times this past November while in NYC for the marathon. I promised I would write more about this trip. Well, now that it's a distance memory...here goes. I can only say there's just been a lot going on since then... What was extra fun was Mo went with me. We had a blast!



There were a bunch of us that went. It was actually quite remarkable we found our way to the expo and then found each other for a photo once there. Here we are all checked in with our numbers, shirts and other race swag in the official marathon bag. Next, there is expo shopping to do. And dinner once we get back to our hood.

Oh, an honorable mention on our accommodations. They were fabulous! We had 3 apartments on 57th Street. Everything you could possibly need was right there or easily accessible via the metro or bus.



While there we saw two broadway shows. I have always been a Momma Mia fan. We'd purchased Wicked tickets in advance and decided if we could pick-up another show while there we would. It worked out splendidly. We sat so close to the front in Momma Mia my pant legs shook from the sound system.

Another highlight after seeing Wicked was our ride home. The whole group took the metro to get to Times Square. We all loved the show. My favorite line is "we can't all come down in a bubble"... anyway when leaving the theatre there was someone offering us a limo ride back to our apartments. He said he could take 12 for $60. We piled 17 of us in the stretch and road across town in style. For my first limo ride I was sitting on the floor on someones feet with friends landing on me every time the driver hit the breaks. We laughed the whole way! We tipped the driver well and he offered to take us to the airport at the end of our visit.

This was the trip that seemed to be far into the future and then all of the sudden it was time to pack. I absolutely love to run NYC. When people ask me which marathon is my favorite I say I have two. New York and Big Sur. You couldn't get two more contrasting marathons with all the people running and spectating in NYC vs. the spectacular scenery of Big Sur. This run did not disappoint. Marathon photos still coming...



1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! It sounds like your limo ride is one you'll never forget. :) That's awesome that Mo got to go with you. I think it's awesome that you run all these marathons.

    ReplyDelete