Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breakfasts of Eggs and Oatmeal

For over the past year, probably close to 2 years now every morning starts about the same. It's like Ground Hog Day. Get up, workout, shower, get ready and hurry upstairs to cook my 4 egg whites and 40 grams of oatmeal. It's the way to start the day. It's good for your heart. Eggs whites are a pure protein so they help muscles heal after a workout. Eggs and oatmeal are cheap. Oh, there are lots of good reasons.

Personally, I like my eggs in an omelet. Spray the pan with a little Pam, separate the eggs and you're good to go. On special days, like Sunday, you get a little cheese added in. It's delicious. With the eggs I get 40 grams of oatmeal. 40 grams, no more, no less. This turns into a bit of a game with the food scale. It's taken me a long time to perfect getting 40 on the first try, but I've almost perfected it. It's only taken a year. Wash it down with a half cup of orange juice and I'm off for another day.

One more thought... If you do the math of 4 eggs a day for 365 days a year it's a lot of eggs. If you do the math, it's 1460 eggs (over 121 dozen) just for me. It's like the lady in the grocery store once said, "That's a lot of eggs!" And that's no yolk...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of eggs. I don't think I could eat the same thing for breakfast for so long. I agree tho, omelets are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is alot of eggs. I guess that means I have eaten that many too. So if you double that...we have single handledly kept the chickens in business! Glad to see you remembered you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete